Help save a High School Russian Language program

Palace, Gwendolyn Palacgw at TULSASCHOOLS.ORG
Sat May 3 18:56:33 UTC 2003

 Deal colleagues,  please help me save an excellent Russian program.Could
you write a letter to my Principal and Superintendent talking about the
importance to keep HS Russian programs?

In my first plea for help, I inadvertedly left off the complete name and
mailing address.  Thank you to those who have already responded.

Dr. Debra Boyles
Principal
Booker T. Washington High School
Tulsa, OK 74106

Dr. David Sawyer
Superintendent
Tulsa Public Schools
3027 South New Haven
Tulsa, OK 74114

 I teach levels 1-6 and have
been very successful with students passing the International Baccalaureate
Russian Exam.  Most of my students go on to study Russian at major
universities.  My enrollment has hovered around 25-30 and I have not
been able to increase it. However during the time of current financial
crisis and budget cuts, our Russian program is in danger.  They are going to
lump all my students in one class.  Please write a letter in support so this
may be adverted.  It is vital that Russian 1 students NOT be lumped together
with other more advanced students.  IT is not fair to them or the other
students. But then again, they may just eliminate the program altogether.
Thank you

*** This  message is being sent via property belonging to Tulsa Public
Schools and is subject to monitoring.  Therefore, there is no
expectation of
privacy nor confidentiality regarding these communications.

Gwen Palace
Russian Language / World History
Booker T. Washington High School
1631 E. Woodrow Place