Khrushchev's words and his shoe banging (fwd)

Max Pyziur pyz at BRAMA.COM
Mon May 5 02:01:25 UTC 2003

>From someone who is a regular at the U.N. ...

Max Pyziur                                     BRAMA - Gateway Ukraine
pyz at brama.com                                  http://www.brama.com/

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 08:02:04 -0400
From: hanya at brama.com
To: Max Pyziur <pyz at brama.com>
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Khrushchev's words and his shoe banging (fwd)

The first thing that one would have to know is that part of the contract
that the UN countries have is that they are permitted to edit the content
of what goes on the record. The shoe banging episode, for example,
officially never happened at the UN. There is no available film of the
episode, and nothing is written about it in the UN documentation. (With
respect to this, it would be interesting to see what the possibilities are
of recovering the missing information in light of the dissolution of the USSR)

I have the exact language someplace that was approved by the USSR for the
UN logs from that session -- possibly the English and the Russian versions
both, but English for certain. I can dig it up later.

Bottom line is that you can probably get a more accurate quote from the
newspapers. Hit the microfiche records at your local library.

At 06:34 AM 5/2/03 -0400, you wrote:

> [...]
Lorenzo