verification -- Khrushchev's appearances on TV

George Kalbouss kalbouss at MAC.COM
Wed May 7 21:18:10 UTC 2003

Regarding people wondering if Khrushchev really banged his shoe at
the UN, I can't believe this is going on!  I so well remember seeing
this incident both on t.v. and
in the Newsreel movie house on W. 72 St Newsreel movie hous  i.e.
Movietone Newsreels.
His picture with the shoe was in the NY Daily News on the
front page, ditto the Daily Mirror.   I remember how my parents, ardent
anti-communists were
totally horrified at his behavior and how people commented on it on
t.v, in the editorials, and certainly in the Russian emigre community.

        With regard to RFE/RL, US law prohibits broadcasting US government-
created propaganda in the US (to this date, I believe), but RFE/RL
archives
do exist.

George Kalbouss