verification -- Khrushchev's appearances on TV

William Derbyshire Wwdslovene at AOL.COM
Wed May 7 22:13:36 UTC 2003

I second what George Kalbouss wrote. He and I (and many others still
alive and kicking) are "of a certain age", and we remember well seeing
the images on the t.v. and in newspapers. Further, I have spoken with
Russians still living in the USSR at that time who somehow had access
to the story and  pictures. They too, while not Khrushchev admirers, were
also horrified at the sight of their national leader making an ass of himself
for the world to see.
It's hard to imagine that anyone questions whether this incident took place
or can be verified! Gimme a break!
                                                             Bill Derbyshire