missing letters

Tue May 20 17:12:35 UTC 2003

Alex wrote:

> > > Dear Seelangers!
> > >
> > > You maybe noticed that in two my
> > > last messages there are several
> > > missing letters - all cyrillic.
> > > In my "sent" folder I can see them all.
> > > I don't understand how it can be.
> >
> > Here's your answer, from your message header:

> Thank you Paul.
> But both are:

> I see it pretty well (returned from the server)
> utf-8 because it was set in the original letter. Of course I
> could change it to koi-8 but I didn't. You know, in case of "7bit"
> all characters would turn into "?" signs.

Yes, that's what I expected because I saw and replied to your complaint
before I saw your original message, which BTW came through fine. Of
course, as a nonnative speaker, I might have overlooked a spelling error
or two... ;-)

If the message is garbled in your Sent mailbox but comes through fine
from the CUNY server, it's probably a local display setting, and I can't
help with that because I don't use Outlook Distress.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com