drug slang term

Steve Marder asred at COMCAST.NET
Thu May 29 23:39:47 UTC 2003

> Dear Colleagues:
>
> Can anyone tell me (I don't have these kinds of dictionaries ...)
> what the current slang word of choice would be for the term "Pusher"
> (in the sense of a pusher of drugs).  Thanks for your help.

I cannot pass myself off as an expert on the subject, but I would say pride
of place should probably go to "pusher" (stress on the first syllable),
although there are many, many synonyms and regional variants; the drug slang
of Moscow is not necessarily the drug slang of Obninsk, Irkutsk, Aktyubinsk,
etc.