student question on workers in the USSR

Melissa Frazier mfrazier at MAIL.SLC.EDU
Thu Nov 20 15:08:50 UTC 2003

Dear colleagues,

I wonder if anyone out there could help me with a question from a former
student.  She writes:

I'm doing a conference project comparing Soviet labor relations with Cuban
labor relations and wondered if you could recommend any
literature/non-fiction that would help me to understand what it was like to
be a worker in the USSR from around 1950 to 1989.

I would be grateful for any suggestions you might have.  Please send them
to me at mfrazier at slc.edu.

Thank you!

Melissa Frazier