Transliterated Windows Keyboard for Windows

Michael Denner mdenner at STETSON.EDU
Tue Oct 7 20:29:06 UTC 2003

Elizabeth,

There are many ways to skin the proverbial Cyrillic cat. My latest preference -- for ease, cost and universality -- is Fontboard, a freeware program that maps a homophonic keyboard onto your existing Latin one. It's not exactly what I would call an ideal layout -- for instance, the Cyrillic х is mapped to the Latin "h," but it's strengths are:
1) ease of installation
2) cross-platform functionality (I have it currently installed on NT, 98 and 95 without any problems)
3) it's easier than the old-fashioned way (manually replacing .kbd files, which you can't do in NT anyway)

You'll still have to install multilingual support on your computers, but you're already doing that, right?

To find Fontboard, go to Google.

mad

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Dr. Michael A. Denner