Transliterated Windows Keyboard for Windows

Donald Loewen djloewen at BINGHAMTON.EDU
Thu Oct 9 21:56:00 UTC 2003

I would recommend checking out the excellent information offered by Paul
Gorodyansky, esp. on the way you can work around some of the restrictions
that recent versions of Windows put on replacing their standard keyboard
layouts.  I used his basic information, and then used a keyboard editor to
move the positions of a few letters to where I prefer them.  It worked well
for me on Win2000, and students have used it on XP, 98 and ME.
Here's his page for installing basic and transliterated keyboards (includes
a map of the transliterated keyboard's layout ):
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PaulGor/kbd_e.htm

All the best,
Don Loewen