Russian obscenities

Vladimir Benko Vladimir.Benko at FEDU.UNIBA.SK
Tue Oct 14 06:36:36 UTC 2003

Dear Leslie,

> I understand this really is the case with German, but I don't speak
> it, so...can anyone who does enlighten us?

One of the greatest expert in this area is prof Lubomir Durovic from
University of Lund.  You may be able to get his last paper on the
topic:

Durovic, L.: Typology of Swearing in Slavonic and some Adjacent
Languages. -- In: Le mot, les mots, les bons mots (Word, Words,
Witty Words). Hommage a Igor A. Mel'cuk a l'occasion de son
soixantieme anniversaire. Red. A. Clas. Montreal, Les presses de
l'Universite de Montreal 1992, pp. 39-49.

Best regards,

Vlado B, 13oct03 18:15 dark time

Vladimir Benko      <Benko at fedu.uniba.sk>

Comenius University, Faculty of Education
Computational Linguistics Laboratory
Moskovska 3, SK-81334 Bratislava
Tel +421-2-55576744         Fax -55572244