please help with Moscow apartment search

Ian Helfant ihelfant at MAIL.COLGATE.EDU
Wed Aug 4 13:42:23 UTC 2004

Fellow SEELANGERS – I’m leading the Colgate/Mt. Holyoke Consortial study
group in Moscow this fall and am trying to locate an apartment from
mid/late-August through mid-December (4 months) where I can stay with my
wife and twin year-old sons.  I’m currently in Vladimir with the group,
but will be in Moscow looking for an apartment next Wednesday and Thursday
(the 11th and 12th of August).  For the first time I've been using a
commercial real estate agency (www.evans.ru), but I'm concerned that they
won't come through with a reasonable set of possibilities (so far they're
speaking of two).  I’m looking for a decent place in the northern part of
the city with access within 2 km or so to a large park where my wife can
walk/run (jogging stroller) with the boys, and which will allow me also to
get to the Novoslobodskaia metro station on the northern edge of the
circle line (RGGU) within 40 minutes or less.  I can spend up to 1500 a
month if need be on the apartment.

If anyone knows of anything that roughly meets these criteria, please let
me know ASAP, ideally including a phone number I could call here in Russia
to speak with the potential landlords.  Please respond directly off-list
to ihelfant at mail.colgate.edu.  I much appreciate any
advise/suggestions/leads!  -- Ian Helfant (Assoc Prof of Russian/Colgate
University)