Live From Moscow

goscilo goscilo+ at PITT.EDU
Tue Aug 17 21:33:22 UTC 2004

Dear Laurel,

This is, I'm sure, reassuring news for those whose semester starts in
September, but for those whose academic year begins in late August and who
plan ahead and need to generate syllabi in advance, the news and the books
come too late.  More than once in the past we've had to xerox chunks of the
textbook and the workbook so as not to spend the first week of classes
without materials.  To have the situation repeated YET again = the
proverbial straw and camel's back.  I hope that your presence improves the
situation at K-H for those who have not decided to make a programmatical
switch.  Since greater demand than supply seems to be the crux of the
press's matter, then some Slavists' switch to another text might ease its
problems.  In any event, I hope that for those who stick with LIVE your
efforts will yield results.

Colleagially,
Helena Goscilo

--On Tuesday, 17 August 2004 14:01 -0700 Laurel Sutherland
<laurel622 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:r