Aivazovskii's "Safo"

Francoise Rosset frosset at WHEATONMA.EDU
Sat Aug 21 17:14:37 UTC 2004

Dear Seelangers:

Can anyone help me speed up my search for a look at Aivazovskii's "Safo na
Levkadskoi skale"?

I've tried the net. Google and Yandex got me to the paintings by Guerin and
David and Vrubel, but nothing by Aivazovskii (there is a good site with a
number of pictures, but not this).

So, I'm asking for a recommendation by someone who either is more nimble than I
am on the web, or knows a specific book where I might find this painting.

Thank you all,
-FR

Francoise Rosset
Russian and Russian Studies