Aivazovskii's "Safo"

John Isham jfi1 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sun Aug 22 15:10:08 UTC 2004

Here's the painting (titled merely "Sapho" on this page, but I think
it must be the one):

http://art.qwe.as/pictures/viewer$130

And see this page for info on a book where the painting can be found
(*Seas, Cities And Dreams* by Gianni Caffiero and Ivan Samarine,
Alexandria Press, London, 2001):

http://art.qwe.as/pictures/Catalogues

You can find its Amazon purchasing details here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1856692329/qid=1093187246/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-3005021-8513722?v=glance&s=books

Hope this helps,
John Isham