New information on the AAASS Web site

Jolanta Davis jmdavis at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Aug 26 15:04:22 UTC 2004

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to inform you that the Web site of the American Association
for the Advancement of Slavic Studies (AAASS), www.aaass.org, will now
include some information that until now was available only to current
members in printed form.

The "Employment Opportunities," "Opportunities for Support," and "Calls for
Papers and Articles" columns until now were published only in the NewsNet,
the Association's newsmagazine. However, because of NewsNet's long
production schedule many announcements with a short deadline could not be
included. In response to many suggestions that these time-sensitive columns
be posted to the Internet, we decided to eliminate these announcements from
the newsletter, and instead include them on our Web site, where all Slavic
scholars, even non-members, will be able to get this information on a more
timely basis. We hope that Slavic scholars who visit these pages and who
are not yet members of the Association will decide to join the ranks of the
AAASS membership, to benefit from all that the Association has to offer.
For more information about the membership, see the Membership page.

You can see the three new columns at www.aaass.org, under the "Additional
Services" link.

The "Employment Opportunities for Slavic Scholars" site will accept listing
opportunities for Slavic scholars, both in and outside the academia, that
require some degree of knowledge of Slavic studies, and may also expect
additional skills and knowledge. We will accept job postings that are based
both in the U.S. and abroad.

The "Opportunities for Support" column will accept announcements of
fellowships, grants, and other opportunities for support of research and
study available and of interest to Slavic scholars.

The "Calls for Papers and Articles" column will accept calls for papers for
various meetings and conferences related to Slavic studies as well as calls
for articles for publication in Slavic-related journals or other publications.

If you have any questions or comments about these changes, please feel free
to contact me.

Sincerely,

Jolanta M. Davis
AAASS Publications Coordinator and NewsNet Editor

American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies (AAASS)
8 Story Street
Cambridge, MA
tel.: 617-495-0679
fax: 617-495-0680