bookstores

Steven Hill s-hill4 at UIUC.EDU
Fri Aug 27 06:03:38 UTC 2004

Dear colleagues:

I hope some sharp reader might update my rusty memory about Russian
bookdealers in the USA, with specific reference to the following two:

(1) "Russian Press Service" (Illinois) -- are they still operating?  Or out of
business?  And if still functioning,  do they have a current E-Mail address?

(2) "Fire Bird (Zhar-ptitsa)" -- was there once a Russian bookdealer  in the
US with that or similar name?  Or am I thinking of  "Focus" or "Russica" or
"Ermitazh," and thus conjuring up  a "Fire Bird" shop that never existed in
reality?

Gratefully,
Steven P Hill (Univ. of Illinois, USA).