SEELANGS Digest - 2 Dec 2004 to 3 Dec 2004 (#2004-237)

John Isham jfi1 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Dec 4 17:50:27 UTC 2004

I also would be very interested in seeing an accurate translation of
Yushchenko's utterance.  I don't know Ukrainian, but I can at least
point to the original text in question.  Go to the following link
and look at fifth paragraph from the top (Podivit'cia na moe
oblichchia...), then skip down to the sixth paragraph from the
bottom (I mova, druzi, ide c'ogdni ne pro kukhniu bukval'no...):

http://www.yuschenko.com.ua/ukr/Press_centre/168/1169/

I would try to transliterate both passages in full, but I'm sure I
would garble some of the letters.

A Russian translation of this very same speech can be found at:

http://www.yuschenko.com.ua/rus/Press_centre/168/1169/

Can anyone take us the next step and translate the statements into
English?

John Isham

Цитирую STEPHENBPEARL at CS.COM: