Winter camp in Siberia

Cosmopolitan cosmoschool2 at MAIL.RU
Tue Dec 7 22:25:02 UTC 2004

Dear Colleagues,

The COSMOPOLITAN International Language School, located in Novosibirsk, the largest city in Siberia, Russia, is still accepting applications for participation in the "SIBERIAN WONDERLAND" Winter Language Camp. Could you please inform your students and colleagues about the program that we offer.

The Winter camp is run from January 3rd until January 12th and is a unique opportunity to celebrate the coolest festive season in Siberia with lots of exciting events, and experience all the winter fun you have ever dreamed of in ten days.

The program is a great chance for international participants to learn the Russian language and get a first-hand experience of the Russian culture. It provides the unique cultural opportunity of daily interaction with the Russian children, youth and adults. The RUSSIAN COURSE is organized for overseas students and volunteer teachers and includes language studies as well as learning about the Russian culture, history and society.

We are looking for native speakers of English, German, French and possibly other languages, who would like to be VOLUNTEER TEACHERS of their language at the winter camp. No previous teaching experience is required. University students are eligible to apply as volunteer teachers. We are looking for people who are energetic, enthusiastic, open-minded, sociable, enjoy camp experiences, are willing to share their knowledge and culture.

We also seek people worldwide (middle school through university STUDENTS, and ADULTS) to join the Winter Camp as students of the Russian course and enjoy all the exciting activities scheduled within the program.

The major benefits to join our winter program are as follows:
1) You don't have to be a professional teacher in order to
volunteer for the program. The most important aspect is your willingness to
participate and share your knowledge and culture, as well as your enthusiasm
and good will. University students are eligible to apply as volunteer teachers. You will gain valuable practical experience, proven ability and contacts that you can use to get a future job.
2) If you are planning a trip to Russia anyway and would like to consider our
program you should take into consideration that if you do go to Russia you
will need an invitation to receive the Russian visa in any case. All travel
agencies and tourist companies charge for an invitation. As far as our
program is concerned, you won't have to pay anything extra for the official
invitation form that you will need to get the Russian visa. We provide all our foreign participants with the
invitation and arrange their registration on arrival.
3) Participation fee that all our foreign participants pay covers expenses on accommodation and ALL meals. If you
come to Russia (Siberia) on your own or through a travel agency you will
spend much more money compared to what you would pay to participate in our
program. Our program is a not-for-profit one. You won't need much pocket
money either, just maybe some to buy souvenirs and gifts to take back home.
All other expenses (airport pick-up, local transportation, excursions) will be
covered by the participation fee.
4) You will be attending Russian languages classes every day and you won't
have to pay extra for the Russian course. It is provided as a benefit to all
our volunteer teachers. Russian classes are taught by well-educated native
speakers trained to teach foreigners. You will be placed in a group
according to your level of Russian. No previous knowledge of Russian is
required.
5) We organize an exciting cultural, social and excursion program for
volunteer teachers of the camp, which is a very enriching experience.
You will be involved in interaction with the Russian children, youth and
adults all the time. This is the kind of experience you will never get if
you go as a tourist.
6) You will gain a first-hand experience of the Russian culture and life
style and particularly the Siberian one. They say if you want to know what
real Russia is like you should go to Siberia.
7) You will meet people from other countries who are going to participate in
this program and this is a very interesting experience. Many of our former
foreign participants keep in touch with each other after the program and
even visit each other in all the different countries.
8) We offer an opportunity to stay after the camp program and teach at the
language school, which is a paid job, free accommodation is provided.
9) We also offer excursion packages which include trips to Moscow, St.
Petersburg, Novosibirsk, Krasnoyarsk,
Lake Baikal, the Altai Mountains, TransSiberian Railroad, 'Welcome to
Siberia' program. All the details and tour descriptions are available at request.

* Have you always wanted to add some meaning to an overseas adventure?
* Do you want a new, challenging experience?

* Do you like to meet people from other countries and get your energy from working towards a goal as part of a team?

* Are you willing to gain experience, improve communication abilities, and develop skills that will help in your future employment?

* Have you ever daydreamed about gaining insight into the Russian culture and life in a way no traveler could?

If 'yes' is the answer, our program  is the best way for you to spend your winter vacation! For further details please email cosmopolitan at online.nsk.su

Regards,

Natasha Bodrova,

Director of International Language School "Cosmopolitan",

Novosibirsk, Russia

cosmopolitan at online.nsk.su