Big Silver Book of Russian Verbs

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at WISC.EDU
Tue Dec 7 22:06:47 UTC 2004

Dear SEELANGers:

For those of you teaching Russian at the high school or college level:

I am writing to bring to your attention the publication of a handy reference
guide, The Big Silver Book of Russian Verbs (by Jack Franke, just published
by McGraw-Hill.)  The book features 555 fully conjugated verbs, pointing out
the top 50 verb patterns, giving full conjugation in a nice chart together
with aspectual pairs, verbal government, and examples of common expressions
and idioms featuring the given verb(s) on the page.  There are good indices
and student tests and drills.  This is a handy reference for your students;
I've just ordered it as an optional text for our spring semester courses
(first- through fourth-year) at UW-Madison

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin

*************
Benjamin Rifkin
University of Wisconsin-Madison

Professor and Chair, Slavic Dept.
1432 Van Hise, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI 53706 USA
(608) 262-1623; Fax (608) 265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic

Director, Title VI Center for Russia, E. Europe & Central Asia (CREECA)
210 Ingraham Hall, 1550 Observatory Dr.
Madison, WI 53706 USA
(608) 262-3379; Fax (608) 890-0267
http://www.wisc.edu/creeca