Muratova films

Max Pyziur pyz at BRAMA.COM
Tue Dec 21 17:41:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Olga Mesropova wrote:

> Would anybody happen to know where I can purchase Kira Muratova's "Asthenic
> Syndrome," "Three Stories," and "Sentimental Cop" (preferably in the NTSC
> format)?  I have tried all of the standard venues of Facets, rbc, ruscico,
> etc. to find only "Passions" and "Chekhovian motifs."

I 2nd the request.  I have Passions; though definitely in the character of
her other films it isn't her best.  It's puzzling that this one was
released over the ones which you list above.

Good overview here:
http://www.sensesofcinema.com/contents/directors/03/muratova.html

Does anyone know how to get a request to the DVD Producers/Distributors
(such as Kino)? to ask for these titles to be put into their catalogs?

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com