Cyrillic fonts

John Schillinger jschill at AMERICAN.EDU
Thu Jan 22 18:53:26 UTC 2004

A query for Mac I-Book users:  I'm attempting to get my I-Book with
Panther 10.3 to read cyrillic documents previously created using the
Dialect 4 cyrillic system I purchased from Smart Links.  Smart Links
warns not to try to install Dialect 4 or it will crash my computer, and
they don't expect to produce anything for the 10. OS.

    I also have documents from the old GLPS ABTOP system that Dialect
could read,.

    I downloaded the shareware from Russification of Macintosh that
Lynne deBenedette recommended in her Dec. 16 note to SEELANGS, but I
find that this system can't read either the Dialect fonts or the GLPS
fonts.

    Has anyone encountered and solved this problem?  Any suggestions?

Thanks for *ANY* help!

John Schillinger

Dept. of Language and Foreign Studies

4400 Massachusetts Ave. NW

Washington, DC 20016-8045

Phone: 202/885-2395 Fax 202-885-1076

Weekend phone 540/465-2828 Fax 540/465-2965