Learning Estonian

Emily Klenin klenin at UCLA.EDU
Wed Jan 28 17:44:21 UTC 2004

Hi, on the basis of my experience, I don't recommend the Routledge Estonian
(it has lots of errors). There's a good course that I don't have a precise
reference to, done in Australia, if anyone knows about it, but for me I
would recommend the following: Tere, Eestimaa! (Hello, Estonia!), published
by Pangloss (it's "An audiovisual course in spoken Estonian") or, if you
know Russian, Eesti Keele Opik (no diacritics given here, but the "O" has a
tilde), by Valmet, Uuspold, and Turu. Good luck!