oral proficiency testing

Kenneth Brostrom ad5537 at WAYNE.EDU
Tue Jul 13 18:05:05 UTC 2004

--
Dear SEELANGers,

An adjunct faculty member at Wayne State sent me the following
question, and I'm hoping someone can provide me with the answer he is
seeking.  Thanks in advance, and please reply off list.

Ken Brostrom

I'm a Ph.D. in Russian history who's been adjuncting here at
Wayne.  I'm currently revising my resume and wanted to query
you about Russian language testing.

Here's my question:  Back in 1997 I had my conversational
Russian tested through ACTR.  I got a score of "2" on the
test and my recollection is that the name of the test was
the OPI and that a "2" is equivalent to the
catagorization "advanced-mid".  I just wanted to run this by
you to see if my various perceptions of the test result
square w/ one another - i.e. that OPI scores using numbers
(with pluses and minuses) and that a score of 2 equals
advanced-mid.

Kenneth Brostrom, Assoc. Prof. of Russian
Dept. of German and Slavic Studies
443 Manoogian Hall
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI 48202