Fyodorovny

Alexandra Leontieva alexandra.leontieva at KRR.UIB.NO
Thu Jun 10 17:35:18 UTC 2004

>>    Mine is not an answer, but, if I may, another related question:
>>> why all
>>> patronimics of empresses (all of foreign origin and converted to
>>> orthodoxy)
>>> are Fyodorovna?

2 versions here:

1. Fyodorovskaia ikona Bozh'ei materi (the Fyodorov icon of the Holy
Virgin) was considered to be one of the holy patrons of the Romanov dynasty.
2. after Fyodor Romanov, the founder of the House of Romanov.

Dr. Alexandra N. Leontieva
govt. authorized interpreter (Nor-Eng-Rus),
govt. authorized translator (Nor-Rus)
First lecturer, Tolkeutdanning
(Program in Community Interpreting)
University of Bergen