Windows XP and allowing for more than one Russian keyboard

Brewer, Michael brewerm at U.LIBRARY.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri May 7 21:00:02 UTC 2004

All,

Does anyone out there know of any workarounds for Windows XP to allow for
access to multiple Russian keyboards (a standard one and a phonetic one) for
Windows XP?  We were able to load two keyboards for Windows 2000 (so that
those in our library who wanted to use one or the other could choose).  I am
told by our computer folks that with Windows XP, they have not been able to
do this (they can only load the standard keyboard.  I expect they could also
write over this with the phonetic one, but that still only allows for one
keyboard).  They are having a similar problem with our phonetic and standard
Arabic keyboards in Windows XP.  Has anyone out there figured out how do
allow for 2 Russian keyboards?  I have been told that Microsoft has been
contacted and has been no help at all.

Thanks!

mb

Michael Brewer

German & Slavic Studies and Media Arts Librarian

University of Arizona Library, A210

1510 E. University

P.O. Box 210055

Tucson, AZ 85721-0055