Windows XP and allowing for more than one Russian keyboard

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at WISC.EDU
Fri May 7 21:11:25 UTC 2004

Please post your answer to the list because this is an issue for our
language lab, too.

- BR

On May 7, 2004, at 4:00 PM, Brewer, Michael wrote:

> All,
>

> Does anyone out there know of any workarounds for Windows XP to allow
> for
> access to multiple Russian keyboards (a standard one and a phonetic
> one) for
> Windows XP?  We were able to load two keyboards for Windows 2000 (so
> that
> those in our library who wanted to use one or the other could choose).
>  I am
> told by our computer folks that with Windows XP, they have not been
> able to
> do this (they can only load the standard keyboard.  I expect they
> could also
> write over this with the phonetic one, but that still only allows for
> one
> keyboard).  They are having a similar problem with our phonetic and
> standard
> Arabic keyboards in Windows XP.  Has anyone out there figured out how
> do
> allow for 2 Russian keyboards?  I have been told that Microsoft has
> been
> contacted and has been no help at all.
>

> Thanks!
>

> mb
>

> Michael Brewer
>
> German & Slavic Studies and Media Arts Librarian
>
> University of Arizona Library, A210
>
> 1510 E. University
>
> P.O. Box 210055
>
> Tucson, AZ 85721-0055
>
> Fax 520.621.9733
>
> Voice 520.621.9919
>
> brewerm at u.library.arizona.edu

> --

Benjamin Rifkin
Professor of Slavic Languages, UW-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706 USA
Voice (608) 262-1623; Fax (608) 265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic