photos of Russian empire

Subhash.Jaireth at GA.GOV.AU Subhash.Jaireth at GA.GOV.AU
Tue May 25 02:32:28 UTC 2004

Hi,

The book by Robert Allshouse, Photographs for The Tsar: The Pioneering Colour
Photography of Sergei Mikhailovich Prokudin-Gorskii (New York: The Dial
Press, 1980) has a good introduction and some wonderful photos.

I have discussed some of these photos in my essay "Looking for Asia and
Europe in Russia: An Essay in/with Three Maps, in the journal European
Legacy, vol.7, No. 6, pp. 723-734, 2002

Best wishes

Subhash