query - vzjat' i

Moshe Taube mstaube at MSCC.HUJI.AC.IL
Tue Nov 2 07:57:48 UTC 2004

Dear SEEELANGers

Can anyone refer me to studies treating turns like (I'm quoting from
the Penguin Russian Dictionary by Bill Ryan and Peter Norman): ja vzjal
da i skazal - 'I up  and said'; a ty voz'mi da skazhi emu?  - 'you
really told him?'.  Also, references to studies on similar turns in
other Slavic languages would be very helpful.

thank you

Moshe Taube