Platonov translation problem

Elizabeth M. Sheynzon e-sheynzon at NORTHWESTERN.EDU
Fri Nov 12 20:17:35 UTC 2004

Platonov's "skoro umru k tebe" turns the verb "to die" into a verb of motion. Compare with "skoro
pridu k tebe."  I believe that the versions offerred by J. W. Narins ("I'll be dying to you soon"
or "I'll die to you soon") are the best for they are the closest to Platonov.

Elizabeth M. Sheynzon
Northwestern University
Slavic Languages and Literature
e-sheynzon at northwestern. edu