chess and the Cold War

Russell Valentino russell-valentino at UIOWA.EDU
Fri Oct 8 20:33:26 UTC 2004

A student of mine would like to write a short research paper, for a
general, introductory Russian culture class, on Soviet-American Cold War
interaction at the chess table. I would like to oblige him in his interest,
but he's having a hard time finding source material and I haven't been able
to help much. I would appreciate it if anyone with source suggestions would
please drop me a note off-line. Thanks very much.

Russell Valentino