subtitled movies in general

Donald Loewen djloewen at BINGHAMTON.EDU
Mon Oct 11 19:07:00 UTC 2004

There are several other options as well.  The Criterion Collection
(criteriondvd.com) has a few classics (inc. Tarkovsky and Eisenstein), and
the Russian Cinema Council (also known as RUSCICO -- www.ruscico.com ) has
a good selection.  You can find many of these films listed at companies
like the one Prof. Taubman mentioned, but even on places like Ebay, Amazon,
facets.org, moviesunlimited.com, or ruskniga.com.  Prices vary quite a bit,
and although some films show up almost everywhere, some are found only on
one or two sites.
All the best,
Don Loewen