Maiakovskii marginalia

Alexandra Kirilcuk kirilcuk at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Sun Oct 17 15:25:50 UTC 2004

I don't know if this is what you're thinking of, but Khodasevich wrote a
famous and nasty "non-obituary" about Mayakovsky (entitled "O
Maiakovskom") in the Paris emigre newspaper _Vozrozhdenie_ on 24 April
1930. I don't have mine on hand right now, but I would be surprised if it
wasn't in one of the Khodasevich editions that have come out in recent
years.

John Malmstad has also written an article on that Khodasevich piece: see
his "Po povodu odnogo ne-nekrologa: Khodasevich o Maiakovskom." Sed'mye
tynianovskie chteniia: materialy dlia obsuzhdeniia. Tynianovskie sborniki
vol. 9. Riga-Moscow, 1995-96, 189-199.

Best,
Alexandra Kirilcuk