advice on translation

John Dunn J.Dunn at SLAVONIC.ARTS.GLA.AC.UK
Wed Sep 1 14:09:42 UTC 2004

'V mezhdunarodnoj praktike dlja oboznachenija sovremennoj
rabotorgovli chasto ispol'zuetsja anglijskoe slovo "traffic", esli
perevodit' doslovno: dvizhenie, perevozka.'

'Vremena', ORT, 24 November 2002

The word 'traffic' occurs in the same item on a further two
occasions, once in the genitive case ['pomoch' zhertvam traffika'].

Incidentally, when I transcribed that passage (for a student
exercise), I left the word 'traffic' in the Latin alphabet.  A quick
search on Google.ru suggests that in Russian spellings with either
one or two f's occur, but that the former is more common.

John Dunn.

>Dear colleagues,
>
>what would you suggest as the best translation of "human trafficking" into
>Russian?
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>
>Sergey Glebov

John Dunn
School of Modern Languages and Cultures (Slavonic Studies)
University of Glasgow
Hetherington Building
Bute Gardens
Glasgow