Post-Sov cultural studies reading

Inna Tigountsova itigount at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Fri Sep 3 19:27:48 UTC 2004

Dear Nick,

"Dictionary of Literary Biography", Vol. 285: Russian Writers since 1980,
Marina Balina and Mark Lipovetsky, eds., Detroit/NY: Gale, 2003, has an
article on Pelevin by Gerald McCausland, pp. 208-219. It includes a
bibliography (most of it - in English). This dictionary can also be
helpful, if you decide to include other contemporary writers in your
course. An Oxford U Press book - "Voices of Russian Literature: Interviews
with Ten Contemporary Writers", Sally Laird, ed. - has an interview with
Pelevin(pp. 178-192).

On visual arts, you could try websites of National Centers for
Contemporary Art (there are quite a few in different Russian cities).
Hope this helps.

Yours,

Inna Tigountsova

PhD candidate