Language programs for undergrads in the East

Francoise Rosset frosset at WHEATONMA.EDU
Tue Sep 21 23:37:27 UTC 2004

Dear SEELANzhane:

One of our students would like to go on a summer program in Russia
but NOT in European Russia. We've discussed Siberia and Kazakhstan,
(mainly because one of our students is from Astana and another
studied in Almaty) -- but his language of study is Russian.
I know there are excellent lists available, on AATSEEL for example,
so I can find a number of places to suggest, but my questions are
these:

Do any of you have experience with any of the programs in Siberia or
the Far East or other non-European areas? Have any of your students
participated, and what did they think? Can you think of programs that
may not be on the AATSEEL list? Any suggestions and recommendations
are most welcome.

Please reply off-list, and thank you.
-FR

--
Francoise Rosset, Russian and Russian Studies
Wheaton College
e-mail: frosset at wheatonma.edu