Job at UW-Madison Slavic

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at WISC.EDU
Wed Sep 22 01:55:03 UTC 2004

Dear SEELANGers:

The MLA Job Information List Bulletin made a mistake in the display of the
listing for our search in the UW-Madison Slavic Department.  We are hiring
in one of two fields:  either Russian literature (period open) or Second
language acquisition and Slavic (alternatively applied linguistics and
Slavic).  We are hiring at one of two ranks:  assistant professor (tenure
track) or associate professor (with tenure).  For appointments with tenure,
demonstrated excellence in research and publications is required.  We are
not searching at the rank of full professor, as currently implied by the job
description in the MLA Job Information List.

The description posted to SEELANGs earlier this month is accurate.  We
expect the MLA advertisement to be corrected by the end of this week.

Thank you for sharing this information with colleagues and students who
might be interested in applying.

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin

*************
Benjamin Rifkin
University of Wisconsin-Madison

Professor and Chair, Slavic Dept.
1432 Van Hise, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI 53706 USA
(608) 262-1623; Fax (608) 265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic

Director, Title VI Center for Russia, E. Europe & Central Asia (CREECA)
210 Ingraham Hall, 1550 Observatory Dr.
Madison, WI 53706 USA
(608) 262-3379; Fax (608) 265-3602
http://www.wisc.edu/creeca