Image collections in public domain

Lauren C. Allan-Vail lcav at STANFORD.EDU
Fri Aug 5 22:12:19 UTC 2005

Please post replies to the list or to me as well - I am also interested in
copyright/public domain recommendations.  Thanks!

Lauren C. Allan-Vail
Stanford University

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of Larry McLellan
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 3:09 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Image collections in public domain

Dear SEELANGers,

Our department is currently revising its web page.  We would like to add
some photos and art work from the Slavic/East European/former Soviet world
while not breaking copyright law.  Does anyone have any recommendations for
online photo and/or art collections in the public domain?

Thanks in advance,
Larry McLellan

Larry McLellan
Dept. of Germanic, Slavic and Semitic Studies University of California,
Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, CA  93106-4130
telephone: (805) 893-8945
fax: (805) 893-2374
office: Phelps 6321