Announcing the Fall 2005 issue of Folklorica

nataliek at UALBERTA.CA nataliek at UALBERTA.CA
Wed Dec 28 18:06:01 UTC 2005

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce the availability of the Fall 2005 issue of
Folklorica,
the journal of the Slavic and East European Folklore Association.  The
contents
of the latest issue are below.

The journal is available on line at http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/SEEFA/
Unlike most learned societies, SEEFA places its complete journal on the
web with
free access to all. The Executive Committee of SEEFA feels that folklorists in
Slavic and East European countries should have access to FOLKLORICA,
irrespective of their ability to join SEEFA. In fact, as of Winter 2005 over
one-third of the visits to this web site came from Eastern Europe. However, in
order for this access to be maintained, we would like to encourage folklorists
who are in a position to join SEEFA, please to do so.

We can now accept checks in Euros and Canadian dollars.
Individual membership in SEEFA is $25 per year for regular members, $10 for
students, and $35 for institutions. We can also accept checks in Euros (22 for
regular members, 8 for students, 30 for institutions) and Canadian dollars (30
for regular members, 12 for students, 42 for institutions).

Wire transfers of membership dues into the SEEFA account can also be made.
Contact Jeanmarie Rouhier-Willoughby (jrouhie at uky.edu) for information
on doing
this.

FOLKLORICA: Fall 2005, Vol. X, no. 2

Articles

Contemplating Music and the Boundaries of Identity: Attitudes and Opinions
Regarding the
Effect of Ottoman Turkish Contact on Bulgarian and Macedonian Folk Musics
Karen A. Peters

The Russian Bathhouse: The Old Russian pert’ and the Christian bania in
Traditional Culture
Masha Vaneisha

Name – Text – Ritual: The Role of Plant Characteristics in Slavic Folk
Medicine
V. B. Kolosova

Report

Using Digital Technology in the Field:  Report on Folklore Research in
Ukraine.
Peter W. Holloway and Natalie Kononenko

Reviews

Laura J. Olson.  Performing Russia:  Folk Revival and Russian Identity
Reviewed by Sibelan Forrester

Olexandra Britsyna and Inna Golovakha.  Prozovyi fol’klor sela Ploske na
Chernigivschiny
(teksti ta rozvidki) (Prose Folklore of Ploske, a Village in Chernihivshchyna
(Texts and Analysis))
	Reviewed by Svitlana Kukharenko

Priscilla Carrasco. Praise Old Believers
	Reviewed by Roy R. Robson

Natalie Kononenko
Kule Chair of Ukrainian Ethnography
University of Alberta