hanging out

Marina Leonidovna Levitina levitina at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Jan 13 19:32:44 UTC 2005

Here are two more guesses:

1) the word is related to another Russian word, "okolotok". Both might possibly
be related to the preposition "okolo" = "in the viccinity of..."

2) The root might be "kolo", rather than "kol". "Kolo" means "circle".  In this
case, it might also mean being "in the circle of," in the sense of "in the
proximity of" something.

Once again, these are just my guesses.

All the best,

Marina Levitina