diacritics on mac

Kjetil Rå Hauge k.r.hauge at EAST.UIO.NO
Thu Jan 20 22:58:19 UTC 2005

>Vsem privet:
>This may be old news for some of you, but given the periodic queries on
>the subject I thought I'd send along my new discovery. Whereas PCs have
>let you do this for a while, apparently the newest version of Text Edit
>on Macs (alas, not Word)

It works in Word 2004 and other fully
Unicode-compliant programs (Mellel, Nisus Writer
Express).

|snip]

>Select the accent you wish to add and then click "insert" at the bottom
>of the window. That simple! You should also then be able to copy and
>past them around the document so you need only do one accented 'ya' and
>then paste it wherever you need in the document

You can also click the (diacritic) character in
the display window for the character block, or in
the pane showing the large picture of the
character. There is also a handy "Favourites"
feature for often used characters.

--
--- Kjetil Rå Hauge, U. of Oslo. Tel. +47/22856710, fax +47/22854140
--- (this msg sent from home, +47/67148424, fax +1/5084372444)