Flyer Information

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at WISC.EDU
Tue Jan 25 01:18:52 UTC 2005

Dear SEELANGers:

Thanks to all who have responded to my query for information about Slavic
and East European languages taught around the country. It is truly
impressive.

I would like to inform the list that the purpose of this flyer is not to
give specific information about what languages are offered on what campuses,
but rather to provide Slavists on any campus with a flyer they can adapt to
their own individual needs and purposes.  For instance, on my own campus, we
won¹t advertise Bulgarian because we don¹t teach it.  But other campuses do
teach Bulgarian and therefore will want to have that language listed and
advertised in their version of the flyer.

What I have learned from this process is that I can¹t possibly include all
the languages we teach in any  meaningful way.  But what I can do is create
a space in the flyer for Slavists on each campus to introduce their own
department specific language information.

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin
Past President of AATSEEL

*************
Benjamin Rifkin
University of Wisconsin-Madison

Professor and Chair, Slavic Dept.
1432 Van Hise, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI 53706 USA
(608) 262-1623; Fax (608) 265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic

Director, Title VI Center for Russia, E. Europe & Central Asia (CREECA)
210 Ingraham Hall, 1550 Observatory Dr.
Madison, WI 53706 USA
(608) 262-3379; Fax (608) 890-0267
http://www.wisc.edu/creeca