Russian trip for junior-high music school orchestra

Eric Naiman naiman at SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU
Thu Jan 27 17:28:42 UTC 2005

	Has anyone had recent experience planning and/or escorting a trip
for 7th and 8th graders to Russia?  My daughter's school is considering
this as a possibility.  I would be very interested in learning what worked,
didn't worked and how the group handled safety and cost issues.
        I would also be grateful for any help or advice from anyone with
contacts in a Russian music school for children of this age.  The goal of
such a trip would be to focus on Russian musical history and culture, to
play a few informal concerts and to arrange meetings with Russian children
of the same age attending music schools.
	thank you!
		Eric Naiman