Transl. & English-speaking prisoners

Natalia Pylypiuk natalia.pylypiuk at UALBERTA.CA
Thu Jul 14 02:09:59 UTC 2005

Dear Genevra, Kevin and Tim,

All your comments are very helpful.  Thank you!

-- Concerning parasha: the equivalent used by English-speaking
prisoners works best
for the sonnet in question.

-- Concerning  *shmon* / *shmonaie*:  I wonder whether English-
speaking prisoners
would say *frisk* - *the sargent  frisks* when referring to a rather
brutal
search of the person?

Regards,
Natalia