FW: Russian Inquiry

Edward M Dumanis dumanis at BUFFALO.EDU
Thu Jun 2 02:36:43 UTC 2005

This was the answer actually related to a high school graduation only
while leaving the remark of "I don't recall any grand ceremonies attached
to graduation from university" not answered. So, let me fill this gap.
The Oxford Dictionary is correct giving "poluchenie diploma." It is
possible also to use a version with a possible modifier "torzhestvennoe"
and/or a possible substitution of "vruchenie" for "poluchenie."
It is not necessarily a "vecher" because it can happen during a daytime as
well.

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis <dumanis at buffalo.edu>