Postdocs vs. doctoral fellows: THANKS

Thu Jun 2 22:10:25 UTC 2005

Thanks to all who offered advice, including one nice lady who wrote
privately.

We've adopted Marina Rojavin's advice for the first term:

> I would say that postdoc - mladshii nauchnyi sotrudnik
> and doctoral fellow - aspirant ili soiskatel' uchenoi stepeni.

It turns out the second one didn't even come up -- the document had
"postdoctoral fellow," which we take to be equivalent to "postdoc."

We've also noted it for the client, with a longish spiel about
differences in systems....

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com