Russian font issue -- follow-up 2

Edward M Dumanis dumanis at BUFFALO.EDU
Sat Jun 18 05:14:52 UTC 2005

I do not think that the second and the third solutions will hit the
target. The reason is that the Russian keyboard will place Unicode based
characters which are defined differently from the ones that Windows 95 and
98 used. So, doesn't matter which font you select, it will display only
a Unicode-defined version in case if the font has Cyrillic capabilities,
or just the blank squares. So, a converter is the only option, and one
might be able to convert from code page 1251 to UTF-8 based characters and
vice versa. Then you can choose the style you like most. I personaly
prefer code page 1251 characters, and a variety of fonts to display them
(including Bukinist 1251).

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis