E>R transcript translation/evaluation

Irina Zhulamanova zhulamanova at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Sat May 14 06:20:58 UTC 2005

A certified translation in Russian is a translation made by a translator whose
translation and signature will be proved by a notary. It's usually done
throufh
a translation firm who has their own notary. The most important part is
a round
seal verifying the copy of the document and the translation by the notary.
It would be easy and cheap compare the US (around 10$) to have it done in
Russia, but I assume the student is supposed to send the papers from here. By
the way, in the US you do not have round seals verifying documents, so it's
worth to get it from a notary on the original of the transcript, too.

Irina