Help! Need to recall the author and title

Jules Levin ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue May 24 06:03:03 UTC 2005

Dear colleagues,
I am having an awful senior moment.  I remember a reference book on Russian
family names, e.g., last names, familiji, I thought it was in English and
by Max Vasmer.  But I can't find it through google.  It was very
comprehensive, and especially interesting was a section on the non-Russian
names of famous Russians, e.g., Dal'.  WHAT am I thinking of?  Please
respond privately so as not to embarrass me any further.
Jules Levin