Teffi.

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Sun Oct 16 18:20:29 UTC 2005

Dear Francoise Rosset and all,

Francoise writes:
> And I strongly second the vote for the all-too-often overlooked Nadezhda
> Teffi!

In a course on the C20 short story I am including the following:
'Korsikanets', 'Kogda rak svistnul', 'Svetlyi prazdnik', 'Lyubov'', 'Tonkie
pis'ma' and 'Semeinaya poezdka'.  Can you give us the titles of a few other
stories you especially like?

I also love her 'Vospominaniya', a memoir about travelling across Russia
towards the end of the Civil War.  This may well be her finest work.

Best wishes,

Robert