Teffi.

Sibelan E S Forrester sforres1 at SWARTHMORE.EDU
Mon Oct 17 14:50:06 UTC 2005

Dear potential Teffi fans,

Robert Chandler wrote:
>...Can you give us the titles of a few other stories you especially like?

One my students have enjoyed is "Opasnaja z^ens^c^ina."  It's easy
enough to work with in the second half of second-year language, but
rich enough for more advanced students.  Though it's very
fin-de-siecle, someone always remarks that the titular Dangerous
Woman reminds them of someone they know... usually a Theater major.

I don't know, off the top of my head, whether it's been translated
into English, but if not it should be.

SF